Ghent University provides applications for the 2023 Top-up Grants to global candidates who wish to obtain a master’s degree in Belgium. Only academically admitted students will be considered.
The call is open for new international students from all countries on the OESO-DAC list applying for a master’s or master-after-master program taught in English. The Top-up grant is for 2 master years, but the grantee needs to prove at least 50 credits in the first master year.
Nice offer to study in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
Ghent University was founded in 1817 by the Dutch King William I. It has 11 faculties that offer a wide range of courses. Ghent is one of the largest Belgian universities located in Flanders.
Why study at Ghent University? Ghent is one of the most attractive destinations for international students in Belgium. It is ranked #95 among the best global universities according to its performance through a set of broadly accepted indicators of excellence.
Application Deadline: 1 April 2023.
- University or Organization: Ghent University
- Department: All
- Course Level: Master’s Degree
- Award: € 1000 per month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 10
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: All countries on the OESO-DAC list
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a master’s degree. The latest overview of these master’s programs can be consulted in the online course catalog.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- New students who have been academically admitted to any of the English-taught master programs or Master-after-Master’s degrees at Ghent University.
- Applicants must have to have a bachelor’s degree when applying for a Master’s program.
- Applicants must have to have a Master’s degree when applying for a Master-after-Master program.
- Applicants must have to come from a country on the long list of the OESO-DAC country list.
- Only applications from students enrolled in a full program will be considered for a Top-Up Grant.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants cannot apply themself for this Top-Up Grant. There’s no application form to fill in.
- The application for academic admission should be submitted before the 1st of April.
- Supporting Documents: All eligible applicants must submit all the following documents (Get full information by clicking here):
- For a valid application, applicants must submit a legalized copy of the basic diploma and its transcripts or diploma supplement.
- The diploma and its transcripts must also be translated by a sworn translator into either Dutch, French, German, or English if they were drafted in any other language.
- Ghent requires the legalization page containing the QR code.
- Proof of Dutch / English proficiency, depending on the program applicants apply for.
- CV and grade sheets
- Admission Requirements: Student wishes to obtain a diploma or degree at Ghent University must check admission requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants will need to show evidence of their English language skills if English is not their first language – English language requirements.
Ghent University will provide all the following:
- For the AY 2023-2024, 10 scholarships can be awarded.
- Allowance of € 1000 per month.
- All-in insurance (health, civil liability, repatriation)