U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is offering the Global Undergraduate Exchange Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) provides a diverse group of emerging student leaders with a funding for one semester of non-degree academic study at an assigned U.S. college or university.
The program aims to recruit participants from underrepresented, non-elite backgrounds, who have not had other opportunities to study in the United States.
- Course Level: Non-degree academic study at a U.S. university or college.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the organization.
- Award: The scholarship covers international travel, tuition, room and board, medical insurance, required books, and a small monthly stipend
- The award can be taken in the USA
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Applicants must be a citizen of the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants must be studying in the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- financial aid positions will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants are required to return directly to their home country after the completion of the program
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants have to fill the online application form.
- To complete your application, you will need the following documents:
- Your Passport or Government Issued ID
- Official College/University Transcript
- Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Letter of Recommendation
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- English language Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020