Education is necessary for survival. Keeping the importance of academic education in mind, the University of Kent is now awarding the Global Welcome Scholarships in Journalism in the UK. The scholarship programme is available for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship has exclusively been established for students starting an MA in Multimedia Journalism or MA in International Multimedia at the University of Kent. The award amount of £2,500 will be provided to the selected candidates.
Selected candidates will receive a stipend of £2,500 at the University of Kent.
User Review( votes)
The University of Kent is a public research university in Kent, England, with a semi-collegiate structure. It is a global institution, with students from 158 countries and 41 percent of its academic and research staff based outside of the United Kingdom.
Why study at the University of Kent? The university is always at the forefront of research in the field they serve, actively influencing change and shaping the debate on a global scale. It provides opportunities for its students to provide new ways of understanding the world. It is awarded Gold, the highest rating in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework, and a global reputation for excellence.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 31 August 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Kent
- Department: NA
- Course Level: MA
- Award: £2,500 stipend
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master’s degree will be awarded in any MA in Multimedia Journalism, MA in International Multimedia offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have applied to study either of the following Taught MA courses: the MA in Multimedia Journalism; the MA in International Multimedia Journalism, for entry in September 2023.
- Be classified by the University of Kent as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes.
- Be fully self-funding your studies.
- Have firmly accepted an offer of a place a taught one of the above MA courses by the scholarship application deadline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship, you can apply via the online application process at the University of Kent. Candidates who wish to be considered for this scholarship will need to send an email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: At the time of admission, you will be asked to submit copies of your academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, copy of the passport, and the language ability proof.
- Admission Requirements: Students applying for a postgraduate degree must generally have a British first or second-class honors degree in a relevant or appropriate subject or the equivalent from an internationally recognized institution.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to submit certificates of English language competency.
The University of Kent will provide a stipend of £2,500 to the selected candidates.