Applications are invited for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in International Development Studies (GLODEP) to pursue masters program at GLODEP. Non-EU citizens are eligible to apply.
The aim of GLODEP is to prepare professionals in the field of development policy and practice. GLODEP provides the students with comprehensive knowledge and skills to analyze development issues and to design and promote development policies at national, regional and international levels.
Worthy opportunity for claimants
User Review( votes)
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in International Development Studies (GLODEP) is a two-year multidisciplinary master program in development studies, with an economic grounding and policy perspective.
- Application Deadline: Check back next year
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue Master degree program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in development studies, with an economic grounding and policy perspective.
- Award: Participation Costs
Participation costs are 9000 € per year for students from Partner Countries and 4 500 € per year for students from Programme Countries. Participation costs include tuition fees, administrative costs (e.g. enrolment fees, student card, library fees, orientation week/day) and insurance. For EMJMD Scholarship Holders participation costs are covered by the EMJMD Scholarship (paid directly to the Consortium, not to students).
All applicants can apply for an EMJMD Scholarship and a Consortium Scholarship. Candidates that have already been awarded an EMJMD/EMMC Scholarship cannot receive the EMJMD Scholarship again.
EMJMD support will be offered to applicants based on their results from the admission process, subject to EMJMD nationality/geographical restrictions. The scholarship can be awarded only to 3 candidates having the same nationality. 75 % of the opportunities are offered to Partner countries* candidates, the remaining 25 % of the opportunities are offered to Programme countries* candidates.
The EMJMD award includes:
- Student participation costs (paid directly to the Consortium);
- Contribution to student travel and installation costs and subsistence allowance for the duration of the program (paid to the Scholarship Holder).
- Nationality: Non-EU citizens are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- The award can be taken in GLODEP has a fixed structure: the first semester at Palacky University(Olomouc, Czech Republic), second semester at the University Clermont Auvergne (Clermont-Ferrand, France) and a third semester at the University of Pavia (Pavia, Italy).
Eligible Countries: Non-EU citizens are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
GLODEP International Development Studies is open for applicants with a completed undergraduate degree preferably in areas relevant to the program, such as development studies, geography, economics, international relations, and sociology. The program seeks applicants with excellent academic results, strong interest in international development and proficiency in English.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have proficiency in English.
Proof of English proficiency – all applicants need to provide proof of sufficient knowledge of English by meeting at least one of the criteria listed below:
- A diploma of tertiary education where English was the language of instruction (in this case, submit a Declaration of Honour);
- Having successfully completed course units in tertiary education with a minimum total of 60 study credits where English was the language of instruction (the proof showing the number of ECTS credits studied in English must be signed and stamped by the Educational Institution);
- Having successfully completed one of the following language tests:
- TOEFL: minimum level 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 79 internet-based (attention: TOEFL ITP will NOT be accepted)
- TOEIC with minimum level: 785
- IELTS: minimum level academic module 6,5
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), grade B
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), grade C
How to Apply: First, you have to access GLODEP e-application. On the first page, you have to select the following combination: Faculty of Science, Master, GLODEP – International Development Studies. Then you have to fill in the required information and upload the necessary documents listed in the section Criteria and Requirements before the application deadline. You have to upload all mentioned documents, otherwise, your application will not be considered for the admission process. Be aware that you have to fill in the application and upload the documents at the same time as it is not possible to save the application and continue later.
All applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Proof of Nationality
- Proof of Place of Residence
- Copy (Scan) Of a Diploma
- Copy (Scan) Of A Transcript Of Records
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Two Letters of Recommendation