Google is delighted to offer Computational Linguist Internship for summer 2018. Interns must be pursuing a Masters or PhD in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or a related field or equivalent practical experience. This is a paid internship programme available to international students.
Field of Internship: Computational Linguist Internship for summer 2018.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Google
Internship can be taken in USA (Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA)
User Review( votes)
- Pursuing a Masters or PhD in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with scripting languages working in a Linux environment.
- Experience with Python, C++, or other programming languages.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in NLP research or related fields, e.g. NLU, NLG, ASR/TTS and/or experience with dialogue systems.
- Experience in semantics, syntax, morphology, phonetics, phonology, pragmatics, discourse, lexicography and/or corpus linguistics; experience developing error analysis, evaluation strategies and developing projects from concept to completion.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning tools, models for Natural Language Processing applications, experimental design, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and critical-thinking skills.
- Independent worker with interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude; able to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Fluency in multiple languages.
Internship Open for International Students: International stud nets are eligible to apply for this internship.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: Understanding natural language is at the core of Google’s technologies. Teams within Natural Language Understanding (NLU) in Google Research guide, build and innovate methodologies around discourse and pragmatics, semantic analysis and representation, syntactic parsing and realization, morphology and lexicon development, speech recognition and synthesis. Current research focuses on information structure, dialogue systems, evaluation, data manipulation and analysis.
Internship Duration: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer