Google is inviting applications for Software Engineering/Site Reliability Engineering Internship for the year, 2019. Interns must be currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s programme in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Currently enrolled in penultimate year of degree and returning to education upon completing the internship is preferred. This internship is available for international students.
User Review( votes)
Field of Internship: Internship is awarded in the fields of Software Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Google
Internship can be taken in London, UK; Dublin, Ireland
Eligibility: Minimum qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s programme in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from: completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
- Experience of coding in one of the following programming languages including but not limited to: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Currently enrolled in penultimate year of degree and returning to education upon completing the internship.
- Technology internship experience or work experience (i.e. research assistant, teaching assistant, personal projects, etc) programming including various forms of testing in two or more of the following languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Developed communication skills, and ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
Internship Open for International Students: This internship is available for international students.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: Software Engineering: Google’s Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you, and our fast-paced business, grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, to display leadership qualities and to be enthusiastic in tackling new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Notification: Google encourage you to apply as early as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is November 24, 2018.