Department of Education and Skills, the Higher Education Authority is delighted to offer up to 60 Government of Ireland (GOI) International Education Scholarships to pursue Bachelors, Master or PhD levels programme.
The HEA has a statutory responsibility, at the central government level, for the effective governance and regulation of higher education institutions and the higher education system.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: March 29, 2019.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Bachelors, Master or PhD levels programme.
- Study Subject: The offer is open to all fields of study.
- Scholarship Award: Trinity would provide:
- The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year.
- This fund is directed at covering student costs and living expenses.
- The scholarship stipend will be transferred to the host higher education institution (HEI) of the successful student and forwarded by that HEI to the scholar in two payments of €5,000.
- The HEI will be required to give a full fee waiver to the student for the scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived). This is the minimum matching funding requirement that institutions will be required to make to the scholarship scheme
- It is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2019/2020.
- Nationality: Students from non-EU/EEA countries
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 60 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from non-EU/EEA countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: The scholarship may be for:
- the final year of undergraduate programmes;
- one year of a taught master degree programme or;
- one year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year research master or a 3-4 year PhD programme).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applicants are required to be in possession of a conditional or final offer for admission to Trinity at the time of application for the scholarship and will be required to submit a copy of the same.
- Applications should be submitted by the individual student applicants and not by host Institutions.
How to Apply: To participate in this scholarship, applicants need to do register through the given link: https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/heagrantapplication