Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. They are delighted to offer the Graduate Analytics Engineering Internship Fall 2019 in Burbank, CA.
The program is open to all students who are recently graduated within the last 6 months or currently working towards a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related quantitative field.
User Review( votes)
Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the “why” behind the business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results-oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Graduate Analytics Engineering
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.
Internship can be taken in Burbank, California, United States
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Experience implementing analytical processes
- Previous work experience in a software or analytics team
- Proficiency with Python
- Current student working towards (or recently graduated within the last 6 months) a Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program or must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months or currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
What You Bring to the Role…
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, development, and analytical skills
- Experience with Python, R, or Matlab
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience performing data manipulations using SQL
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Excellent oral/written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As an intern, your responsibilities are: Supporting the development of advanced analytic products and decision systems for Disney Studios. The interns help in this process by:
- Developing software tools in Spark for validation, diagnostics, and evaluation of analytic pipelines
- Collecting, preparing, and analyzing data using Spark, Python, and SQL
- Performing validation of analytic processes and root-cause analysis to explain anomalies
- Executing software tests, tracking bugs, and creating reports that summarize results
- Developing and maintaining technical system documentation
- Performing industry research and benchmark analysis
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2019 through January 2020.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to create an account online or sign-in by LinkedIn at https://xjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25348&siteid=5039&jobid=631248&AL=1#jobDetails=631248_5039
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing. Applications are open from Jan. 23, 2019.