The University of Melbourne is inviting applications for Graduate Research Scholarships for Australian citizen in the 2019-2020 academic year. The studentships are available to students undertaking graduate research training at the University of Melbourne.
The University of Melbourne aims to assist Australian citizen or permanent resident who require financial assistance with scholarships.
User Review( votes)
The University of Melbourne TOEFL Institution Code is 0974. Please use this code so that their results can be reported to them. Some faculties may accept graduate students with a slightly lower IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or CAE score.
- Applications Deadline: Open
- Course Level: The studentships are available for Master or Doctorate by research degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in all subjects offered by the University of Melbourne.
- Scholarship Award: Up to $94,200
Living allowance of $35,000 per year pro rata (2018 full-time study rate) for up to 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Nationality: Australian / domestic student
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 10
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for an Australian citizen or permanent resident
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application , you need to:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought
- intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent full-time study
- not have previously received a graduate research scholarship with similar benefits
- These opportunities are awarded based on academic merit and the specific purpose of each scholarship.
- Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study.
- Factors such as relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
English Language Requirements: The University of Melbourne TOEFL Institution Code is 0974. Please use this code so that their results can be reported to them. Some faculties may accept graduate students with a slightly lower IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or CAE score.
If you have applied for admission to a graduate research degree by 31 October for commencement in the following year, you will be automatically considered for these endowments.
How to Apply: No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.