Khalifa University is inviting applications for Teaching Assistant/Associate Scholarships. These opportunities are available to help qualified non-UAE students enrol in graduate programs at Khalifa University.
Khalifa University offers its graduate students several comprehensive scholarships that aim to provide recipients with all necessary educational expenses and the potential to earn an attractive monthly salary.
User Review( votes)
Khalifa University is an independent, non-profit, coeducational institution inaugurated in 2007 as part of an Abu Dhabi Government initiative. Khalifa University is supported by the UAE government and owned entirely by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Applicants must be a native speaker of English who have completed his/her undergraduate/graduate education in English medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
Course Level: The studentships are available for students to enrol in graduate programs.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Attractive monthly stipend: During MSc: AED 14,000 and PhD: AED 18,000
- Full payment of all tuition fees
- Support for attending conferences
The award can be taken in UAE
Master of Science (MSc) / Master of Arts (MA): Applicants for Master’s programs must earn Bachelor degree with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honours in UK-style degree) in a discipline relevant to the applicable program.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering: PhD applicants must earn Master degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.25 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in UK-style Master by taught courses with a minimum average of 63% or a Pass in a Master by Research / M.Phil.) in a relevant discipline.
Nationality: Non-UAE students are eligible to apply for Teaching Assistant/Associate Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Test Requirement: A minimum GRE Quantitative score of 155. PhD applicants who do not have the required minimum GRE but have one or more publications in peer-reviewed journals may be considered for admission.
English Language Requirement: Subject to review and approval by the Office of Student Recruitment and Admissions, an applicant may be exempted from the English test score requirement if he or she meets the following criteria:
- A native speaker of English who has completed his/her undergraduate/graduate education in English medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
- An applicant admitted to and graduated from an English medium institution that can provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL score of 61 iBT or its equivalent (e.g., a minimum Academic IELTS score of 5.0 out of 9) upon admission to the undergraduate program; or a minimum TOEFL score of 70 iBT or its equivalent (e.g. a minimum Academic IELTS score of 5.5) upon admission to the prior graduate program.
How to Apply: Prospective applicants should complete the online application form. The following required documents should be scanned in clear and legible form and attached to the online application form:
- Certificated copy of the applicant’s Bachelor/Master certificate (as applicable).
- Equivalency certificate issued by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education for applicants that have graduated from institutions outside the UAE.
- Official transcript showing the grading scale.
- English language proficiency score report (minimum 6.5 Academic IELTS or 91 IBT-TOEFL). Original score reports can be sent directly by your institution to the University. The Khalifa University institutional TOEFL code is 0960.
- Official GRE General Test score. Original score reports can be sent directly to the University. Khalifa University institutional GRE code is 0822.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Personal photograph with white background.
- Valid passport. International applicants who reside in the UAE should upload a clear copy of their valid UAE visa.
- Family book (Khulasat Al Qaid – for UAE nationals only)
- Valid UAE national ID card (for national and non-national applicants who currently reside in the UAE).
- Statement of Purpose (approximately 400 to 1,000 words)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 14, 2017.