The Graduate School of Life Sciences offers multiple Ph.D. fellowships. The fellowships are for three years provided by the GSLS and the host laboratory. The fellowship is open for international candidates.
The University of Würzburg Graduate Schools provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principal driving force for development.
The UWGS serves as a holding for four subjects related Graduate Schools, which cover all relevant fields of research at the University, spanning several Faculties each.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for Ph.D. program at the University of Würzburg.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in all subjects available at in the Graduate School of Life Sciences.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships include financial support as well as a budget for travel costs, consumables, and similar expenses. Applicants own research grant covering research expenses of their Ph.D. project and travel money to attend conferences (5000 EUR/year) granted for at least one year.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Passion for and practical experience in research
- A clear understanding of what you want to work on
- An excellent university degree obtained in a life sciences subject within the last two years, usually an M.Sc. or Diploma; if graduation is expected by January 2017 at the latest you may apply
- Proven excellent oral and written English proficiency (this will also be assessed during interview) and willingness to learn basic German (training provided)
- Eagerness to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
Nationality: The fellowship is open for international candidates.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent university degree obtained in a life sciences subject within the last two years, usually an M.Sc. or Diploma; if graduation is expected by January 2017 at the latest you may apply.
English language Requirements: Applicants must prove excellent oral and written English proficiency (this will also be assessed during the interview) and willingness to learn basic German (training provided).
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online. Carefully fill out the application form and upload all required documents.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is September 10, 2017.