The Dept. of Biomedical Gerontology, Graduate School, Hallym University is looking for applicants passionate and competent in research for the best Korean scholarship for graduate studies, sponsored by the Korean Government.
These are available for masters and doctoral program at Hallym University. These are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Fabulous Scholarships for International Students.
User Review( votes)
For the year 2017, they will invite 670 international students from 156 countries, for the degree (Master’s & Doctoral) and non-degree research programs.
- Applicants and their parents must hold foreign citizenship.
- Korean citizens, including those who hold dual citizenship, are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document of the renunciation of their Korean citizenship.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2017(born after September 1, 1977).
- An applicant who qualifies all conditions below is eligible to apply as long as he or she is under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2017 (born after September 1, 1972):
- He or she must be working as a professor at the time of applying
- International students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applicants, It is advised to send the required documents in electronic format (PDF) to [email protected] before sending them in paper form by airmail.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants with certified scores on their proficiency in Korean or in English might be given preference. Some examples include the following: – Proficiency in Korean: TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) – Proficiency in English: TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS Academic.
- Airfare: Entry to Korea: an economy class flight ticket to Korea, Return flight: an economy class flight ticket from Korea to KGSP grantee’s home country, The airfare for entry will NOT be provided to scholars who have resided in Korea from the time of applying and on, The return flight is available only for the KGSP grantees who successfully complete their degree coursework, The return flight is NOT offered for those who withdraw from the free study, Any fees incurred in the domestic travel within a KGSP grantee’s home country are NOT covered, International travel insurance is NOT covered, The flight tickets for the Chinese and Czech KGSP grantees will be prepared and provided by the Chinese and the Czech governments, according to the agreements with the Korean government.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW
- Research Allowance – Liberal Arts and Social Science Degrees: 210,000 KRW per semester – Science, Technology and Engineering Degrees: 240,000 KRW per semester
- Language Training Fees: Fully covered
- Degree Tuition: Fully covered – Tuition up to 5 million KRW is covered by NIIED, and the amount that exceeds 5 million is covered by the host university. – The KGSP grantees are waived from the admission fees of the universities.
- Dissertation Printing Fee Reimbursement – The actual cost of printing as written on the receipt will be reimbursed. – The maximum amount is 500,000 KRW for degrees in Liberal Arts and Social Science and 800,000 KRW for degrees in Science, Technology, and Engineering.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month 13
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month – This special funding is available for KGSP grantees with levels 5 and 6 on TOPIK.
- Award Completion Grants: 200,000 KRW – It is offered for the KGSP grantees who return to their home countries after completing their degree coursework under the award. – It is not offered for the KGSP grantees who decide to stay in Korea after the completion of their degree coursework.
Application Deadline: Closed