Hanyang University is offering free online course on Introduction to Korean. This course will give you a taste of language skills and Korean cultures.
Applicants will get an introduction to the language and culture of Korea, with this online Korean course from Hanyang University in Seoul. This course will start on May 29, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Introduction to Korean
Institution: Hanyang University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on May 29, 2017
The university has three campuses: the main campus in Seoul, the second in Ansan, and a cyber university. With ‘Love in Truth and Deed’ as its motto and its educational philosophy, Hanyang University with its proud 280,000 alumni has produced a large number of national and international leaders and professionals over the years.
About This Course
This course will introduce you to the Korean language, and present and explain Korean culture, enabling you to have real Korean conversations.
During the course, Students will learn Korean phrases, greetings, vocabulary, numbers, spelling and grammar. It is composed not only of the explanation and presentation of culture but also the activities related to Korean language.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Improve your communication skills in real-life Korean
- Explore basic words and express simple sentences
- Apply your understanding of Korean culture
- Discuss your experiences of Korean culture
This course is aimed at people with no prior knowledge of Korean, who have an interest in learning languages and finding out about Korean culture. It will be useful for international students wanting to study at Hanyang University or in Korea.
Professor at Hanyang University Institute of International Education Ph.D in Korean Language and Literature
Team Leader of Test Evaluation and Development for the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK).
Professor at Hanyang University IIE Ph.D in Korean Language & Literature.
Internatonal Cooperation Director of the Korea Association of Foreign Language Education.
Chair of Test Development for the TOPIK
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).