University of Leicester’s aim is to be a world-class research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the university was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War.
User Review( votes)
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application deadline: March 30, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for masters degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered within College of Social Science, Arts and Humanities, College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology and College of Science and Engineering across the university, all offering a diverse range of courses.
- Award: Scholarship has a value of £2,500.
- Number of Awards: Maximum Number of Awards available:
- 25 scholarships for students from the College of Social Science, Arts and Humanities
- 25 scholarships for students from the College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology
- 30 scholarships for students from the College of Science and Engineering
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: International students (non-EU) are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The eligibility criteria for both schemes are as follows:
- Applicants must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes, and have an offer to study for a Master’s degree programme.
- The sponsorship will not apply if an industrial placement or exchange year is undertaken, or if they suspend their studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If they are awarded more than one scholarship, applicants will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- Applicants cannot combine this application with a fully-funded position (for tuition fees and living costs) from any other source. Applicants must in form them of any other programmes/sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date, by emailing scholarships-at-le.ac.uk. Our scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded.
- The grant is only valid for entry in September 2017 or January 2018.
- If they currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, they are still required to fulfil any conditions stated on their offer letter.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
If you currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, you are still required to fulfil any conditions stated on your offer letter.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post or electronically.