Darwin College invites applications for election to a stipendiary Henslow Research Fellowship starting from 1 October 2020.Candidates should be engaged in research within the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Clinical Sciences. The Fellowship is funded by a generous donation from the Cambridge Philosophical Society
Study Subject: Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Clinical Sciences.
Employer: Darwin College
Amazing opportunity for applicants
User Review( votes)
- The Fellowship is open to candidates from any university, irrespective of age.
- The Fellowship is intended for an outstanding researcher who is completing, or who has recently completed, their Ph.D. Degree, or an equivalently recognized degree.
How to Apply
Applications should be made by 10 November 2019 at https://app.casc.cam.ac.uk/fas_live/darhenslow.aspx and include:
(a) curriculum vitae;
(b) a summary of research for a non-specialist audience
(c) an account, in not more than 500 words, of the proposed research and the background to it;
(d) an assurance that, where necessary, appropriate research arrangements (for example with a laboratory) have been made;
(e) the names and emails of two referees who will also need to submit a reference online by 10 November 2019 and
(f) a list of published or unpublished work that would be available for submission if requested.
TThe starting stipend for the Henslow Research Fellow with a Ph.D. will be set at not less than Point 28 on the Darwin College Single Salary spine (2019-20 rate: £22,464.32), subject to an annual cost-of-living uplift and to annual increments (the third year stipend at the 2019-20 rate would be £24,144.56). The stipend will be subject to a 10% reduction until the appointee’s Ph.D. is conferred.
• Membership of the Universities’ Superannuation Scheme is optional.
• Research Fellows are entitled under the College’s Ordinances to dine (including formal hall) and lunch free of charge at the normal College table whenever meals are served (up to a limit of seven meals in each week). Guests, not normally exceeding two in number on any one occasion, may be entertained at lunch or dinner, ten of them free of charge within any quarter (note termly guest nights with a special menu are subject to charge).
• A research allowance of up to £1,000 a year will be available to reimburse receipted travel and research expenses.
• It may be possible to provide limited rented accommodation for up to two years, subject to availability, for which a charge will be made.
• A non-pensionable additional allowance of £3,000 per annum (subject to annual review) will be paid to any Henslow Research Fellow not resident in College.
Scholarship Application Deadline: November 10, 2019