The Hong Kong Association of University Women offers (HKAUW) Postgraduate & Undergraduate Scholarships for international students who wish to pursue research programs in all subjects at any level of study. The award amount is $20,000 for postgraduate students and $5,000 for undergraduate students. Several awards are given each year, and the application deadline is October 7th, 2022.
Application Deadline: 7 October 2022
User Review( votes)
- Organization: Hong Kong Association of University Women
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Award amount: $5,000, $20,000
- Number of awards: Several
- Eligible countries: Hong Kong
- Subjects: All Subjects
- Eligible courses: Research Program
- Eligibility: International Students
- Application deadline: 7 October 2022
The HKAUW Postgraduate Scholarships aim to recognize and encourage female postgraduates who conduct high-quality original research of significant value to our society and the body of knowledge. Successful candidates should also demonstrate leadership in teamwork, achievements in their chosen disciplines through research and practice, and involvement in community service. The Hong Kong Baptist University will nominate up to five postgraduate students for HKAUW’s consideration and selection.
The HKAUW Undergraduate Scholarships aims to recognize and encourage female students with exceptional academic attainments and active involvement in community service. Each HKAUW Undergraduate Scholarship recipient will receive a Certificate of Award and HK$5,000. The Hong Kong Baptist University will nominate up to two undergraduate students for HKAUW’s consideration and selection.
(a) The applicant for the Postgraduate Scholarship:-
- Must be currently registered as a full-time female student (including both research and taught-based postgraduate programs) in a local postgraduate degree-granting tertiary institution (designation determined by the HKAUW);
- Must be a full member of the HKAUW (please apply for membership after being nominated);
- Has outstanding academic achievements, personal aspirations, and qualities;
- Demonstrates leadership and active involvement in community service, has contributions in her chosen disciplines, including a global outlook and the promotion of women’s status;
- Has recommendations from her supervisor, endorsed by the head of department or faculty/school in which she is currently registered;
- Has recommendations from the community/voluntary service organization she is involved in; and
- Is required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of quality community service within six months of receiving the scholarship. The scholarship recipients and HKAUW must mutually agree on such service projects in advance.
(b) The applicant for the Undergraduate Scholarship:-
- Must be currently registered as a full-time female student (except first and final year students) at a local degree-granting tertiary institution (designation determined by the HKAUW);
- Must be an Undergraduate member of HKAUW (please apply for membership after being nominated);
- Must be nominated by the head of department or faculty/school in which she is currently registered (a separate nomination letter is required if the head of department/faculty/school is NOT writing one of the recommendation letters as specified below);
- Has outstanding academic achievements;
- Demonstrates current participation and involvement in community service;
- Has TWO recommendation letters, one from her head of department/faculty/school or current academic supervisor and one from the community/voluntary service organization she is involved in; and
- Is required to serve the community for at least half a year AFTER the recipient receives the scholarship, which may include participating in a community services project organized by HKAUW.
How to Apply
To apply for the CFA Society Hong Kong Scholarship, you must submit a completed application form with letters of recommendation and required documents to the Office of Student Affairs at Shaw Campus by 5:30 pm on 7 October 2022. The Office of Student Affairs will then nominate students after internal paper vetting. The nominated students will be notified by email and are required to complete the membership application and provide proof of payment to us on or before 13 October 2022. Therefore, for the “Declaration by the Applicant” part of the application form, please do not put a tick on the boxes regarding the membership application and fee payment. The nominees will tick the boxes when they submit proof of payment on or before 13 October 2022.