The Horatio Alger Association of Canada awards $5,000 scholarships for Canadian students. These are available for pursuing post-secondary education at Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec in Canada.
These are provided to learn any of the courses. In Quebec, the education funds may be used for a three-year vocational program at college or a two-year preparatory program followed by a university degree.
worthy Scholarships for Canadian Students.
User Review( votes)
These are awarded to financially disadvantaged full-time students who have demonstrated integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, a commitment to pursue post-secondary education, a desire to contribute to society and a good academic record.
Application Deadline: Open
To be eligible to apply for the opportunity , applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be graduating high school (or be in the final year of CEGEP) with plans to enter university in the fall of 2020.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university.
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($65,000 or less annual net income per family is required).
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
- Maintain a minimum grade percentage of 65.
- Attend high school (or CEGEP) and reside in Canada.
- Be Canadian citizens.
How to Apply: In order to apply for the award, applicants are required to take admission. After that, they should apply through the online application for the grant.
The Horatio Alger Association of Canada awards $5,000 awards annually to deserving students in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec, with plans for national expansion of its programs in the coming years.