funding for Brilliant students from all countries
Study Subject: Any Subject
Description: The Dutch Minister of Education, Culture and Science has allocated seven million euros for excellent students coming to the Netherlands under the Huygens programme. There is no fixed number of available positions. The actual number is determined by the total cost of the variable components of The grants.
User Review( votes)
PhD applications can only be accepted from excellent students with the Icelandic, Macedonian, Chinese, Croatian or Turkish nationality. Furthermore, the minister has allocated part of the total budget for excellent students following programmes in Dutch language and literature, or Neerlandistiek.
The Huygens programme is highly competitive. To illustrate this: for the 2011 scholarship round it is expected that out of approximately 1,700 applications only 150 candidates will be awarded a scholarship.
If you want to take part in the HSP Huygens Programme, you must meet the following requirements:
• You are an excellent student: you have obtained excellent results in all your previous studies and you are in the top 10% of students in your study or research programme.
• You must have already attended a programme of education (e.g. high school or above) in a country outside the Netherlands.
• The Dutch study programme should be registered in CROHO, the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes. You can find this information in the Dutch nomination letter provided by the Dutch host institution.
• You should be in the final phase of your bachelor’s studies, or studying towards a master’s degree in the Netherlands, and your study must be used primarily to earn a degree at the Dutch institution.
• At the start of the academic year (1 September) in which you study in the Netherlands, you must be no older than 35 years of age.
• The studentships are only awarded for studies lasting at least 6 months, but no longer than 24 months.
• Your studies or research in the Netherlands must constitute a deepening and broadening of your previous studies.
• If you are already a graduate, you must have graduated less than two years ago.
Application Deadline: 1February2011
Further Scholarship Information and Application