Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is offering Up to 500 Humboldt Research Fellowships for experienced researchers to carry out a long-term research project (6-18 months) at a research institution in Germany.
High-qualified international scientist and scholars of all disciplines who have completed the doctorate less than 12 years ago are invited to apply.
User Review( votes)
The fellowship is flexible and can be divided up into as many as three stays within three years. The aim of the programme is to enable highly qualified academics from abroad to come to Germany to conduct research stay there.
Why at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation –The foundation promotes international academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from Germany and from abroad.
- University or Organization: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent
- Award: Total 5800 EUR
- Access Mode: Offline
- Number of Awards: Up to 500
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Application Deadline: Applications may be sent at any time
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International candidates are eligible to apply for the fellowship program.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant is available in the field of science and research.
- Eligibility Criteria: Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines are welcome to apply for the opportunity .
How to Apply
- How to apply: Interested applicants can apply online by the given link: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/pub_register.main?p_package=gf&p_lang=en
- Supporting Documents: A potential candidate for a scholarship must submit the following: Curriculum vitae (two pages max, Research outline (five pages max), Complete list of publications, List of selected key publications, Key publications, Doctoral certificate, German language certificate, if applicable, Host’s statement and confirmation of research facilities, Two expert reviews, Additionally, where required: publishers’ letter(s) of acceptance and/or acknowledgment(s) of receipt as well as summaries or translations of the key publications.
- Admission Requirements: There is no admission requirement for the opportunity .
- Language Requirement: English language requirements for candidates who do not speak English as their first language.
- Deadline: There is no closing date for submitting applications; applications should be submitted at least four to seven months ahead of the prospective selection meeting.
The fellowship will provide an award amount worth 2,650 EUR per month for postdoctoral researchers, 3,150 EUR per month for experienced researchers.