Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is offering the Humboldt Research Fellowships for brilliant aspirants at a research institution in Germany for the academic session 2022/2023.
High-qualified international scientists and scholars of all disciplines who want to conduct research at various stages of careers in collaboration with a host at a German research institution.
Wonderful offer for international candidates.
User Review( votes)
The fellowship is flexible and can be divided into as many as three stays within three years. The aim of the programme is to enable highly qualified academics from abroad to come to Germany to conduct a research stay there.
Why study at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation? The foundation promotes international academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from Germany and abroad.
Application Deadline: Send your completed application before March, July and November.
- University or Organization: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral research program
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: International candidates are eligible to apply for the fellowship program.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant is available for any research area.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines are welcome to apply for the opportunity .
How to Apply
- How to apply: If you would like to apply for the Humboldt Research Fellowship program, then you can apply online portal.
- Supporting Documents: A potential candidate for a scholarship must submit the following: Curriculum vitae (two pages max, Research outline (five pages max), Complete list of publications, List of selected key publications, Key publications, Doctoral certificate, German language certificate, if applicable, Host‡s statement and confirmation of research facilities, Two expert reviews, Additionally, where required: publishers’ letter(s) of acceptance and acknowledgment (s) of receipt as well as summaries or translations of the key publications.
- Language Requirement: You must have a good knowledge of German or English. Humanities, social sciences and medicine: You must have a good knowledge of German if this is necessary for conducting your research successfully. Otherwise, good knowledge of English will suffice.
The Humboldt Research Fellowship enables you to conduct your own research at various stages of your career in collaboration with a host at a German research institution of your choice. Hosts may apply for a subsidy towards research costs.
For Postdoctoral Candidates
Benefit from research sponsorship in Germany at the beginning of your academic career. The Humboldt Research Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers enables you to conduct research in Germany. The monthly fellowship amount is €2,670. Fellowships may last from 6 to 24 months.
For Experienced Researchers
You can still apply for research sponsorship in Germany even if you are already well advanced in your academic career. The Humboldt Research Fellowship for experienced researchers enables you to conduct research in Germany. The fellowship amount is €3,170. Fellowships may last from 6 to 18 months and can be divided into up to three stays within three years.