Applications are invited for Hyundai Scholarship from full-time masters or doctoral students. Awards are made annually to both South Korean and U.S. citizens.
The program is also designed to interest American scholars in Korea and to further the bilateral cultural, economic, and political exchanges between the United States and the Republic of Korea.
A fine chance to achieve an education of the Ph.D. or Master’s level program with financial support.
User Review( vote)
It is anticipated that South Korean scholars will utilize their knowledge to enhance the viability of the South Korean economy through the expansion of educational technology in the fields of international business, international banking, computer science, information technology, research and development, and related fields.
Why at George Washington University? George Washington University is a truly global institution. Their student body represents more than 135 countries, and each year hundreds of students and faculty members span the globe for study and research.
University or Organization: George Washington University
Course Level: Ph.D. or Master’s level program
Award: Up to $20,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: South Korean and U.S. citizens
The program can be taken in the USA
Applications Deadline: 5 March 2020
- South Korean and U.S. citizens are eligible to apply for this application .
- Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- Hyundai Scholarships of up to full tuition (fees excluded) are awarded for the period of one academic year for J-1 (must be obtained at start of graduate degree) or U.S. Citizens that are incoming and studying full-time at the PhD or Master’s level at GWU in the School of Engineering and Applied Science or the School of Busines. (Other schools and programs are not eligible. Current students are not eligible.)
- Awards are made annually to both South Korean and U.S. citizens. Korean Applicants are expected to return to Korea upon completion of their programs of study to contribute to the economic advancement of Korea. U.S. students need to demonstrate a substantive commitment to Korea in their past and in their future careers. School of Business (excluding Executive Education programs) and School of Engineering and Applied Science Hyundai scholarship candidates must take their coursework at the Foggy Bottom Campus.
- Eligible fields of study are all programs in the School of Engineering and Applied Science and the School of Business as they relate to Korea or Korean-American relations.
- All recipients must be full-time masters or doctoral students and demonstrate high scholastic achievement by maintaining required academic averages for their programs of studies.
- Incoming Korean students must have minimum TOEFL scores of 600 on the written test or 105 on the internet-based exam or an IELTS overall band score of 7.0 (with no individual band below 6.0).
- Students working in a benefited position at GW are not eligible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Interested applicants must apply via our online fellowship’s system. Applicants who submit material after the deadline will not be considered.
- Language Requirements: Incoming Korean students must have minimum TOEFL scores of 600 on the written test or 105 on the internet-based exam or an IELTS overall band score of 7.0 (with no individual band below 6.0).
Benefit: Awards (fees excluded) are limited, but are up to $20,000 (full-time) or up to $10,000 (part-time) for the academic year.