The Institute of Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH) is offering Visiting Research Fellowships in the UK. The program is open for international citizens to contribute to furthering the work of the Edinburgh Environmental Humanities network.
The aim of this opportunity is to encourage outstanding interdisciplinary research and networking activities of visiting research fellows with a specific focus on the Environmental Humanities.
Nice opportunity for candidates
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1969, The Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at the University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s premier Institutes for Advanced Study. It supports innovative research and public engagement activities across the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Why at the University of Edinburgh? The university gives candidates many opportunities for their future career. Here you can find the right way to build up your career in any field of study.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Grants are awarded in the area of Environmental Humanities.
- Applicant must hold a doctorate or equivalent professional qualification. Consideration will be given to the academic record and the publications of all and their capacity to disseminate their views among a community of like-minded people.
- Should give evidence of any contact they have made with researchers at the University of Edinburgh, and of proposed collaboration during and beyond their visit to Edinburgh; those who do make such contact before submitting their applications will be at an advantage.
- Competition is intense and preference may be given, who have not previously held a grant at the Institute or an equivalent institution.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for this program, students need to be registered at the university. After the registration, you can apply for the fellowship by completing this application form.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach a minimum of two and a maximum of three confidential references, at least one referee should come from outside the institution of the applicant.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates for this position will hold a doctorate or equivalent professional qualification.
- Language Requirement: All students must provide evidence of their English language ability to meets the minimum requirements for admission.
Benefits: A bursary of up to £1,000 will be offered to successful scholar to contribute towards travel and subsistence costs.