Applicants are invited to apply for the IDB-KAUST Joint PhD Scholarships Program offered by the IDB and KAUST in Saudi Arabia. The scholarships are available to pursue a full-time 4-year PhD program.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate science and technology research university renowned by global benchmarks.
IDB-KAUST Joint PhD Scholarships Program in Saudi Arabia
Wonderful offer for IDB member countries students in Saudi Arabia.
User Review( votes)
KAUST advances science and technology through interdisciplinary research integrated with graduate education. They catalyze innovation, economic development, and social prosperity in Saudi Arabia and the world.
Application Deadline: 7 January 2023.
- University or Organization: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- Department: All
- Course Level: PhD program
- Scholarship Award: Fully funded
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- Scholarship can be taken in Saudi Arabia
- Nationality: These KAUST scholarships are available to citizens of an IDB member country.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all subjects available at KAUST
- The candidate must be:
- A citizen of an IDB member country (visit the IDB Merit Scholarship Program for a full listing of member countries)
- Age not over 35 years
- Engaged in full-time employment in an academic, research, or development institute in the home country, and that institution nominates the application.
- Meets the eligibility criteria of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program
- Have a firm admission offer at the KAUST for a PhD program
How to Apply
- How to Apply: You have to be admitted to the PhD degree program at the university with the following documents:
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- University provided an official copy of Transcripts / Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Records from every institution previously attended. A scan of the transcript provided by the university in the native language must be uploaded into the online application form along with the certified English translation. Your transcript must include the university grading scale for all documents submitted.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degrees.
- English language Requirements: All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at KAUST. A score of 79 on the TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS is required (TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from a university from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, or United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand). Other English language test scores are not accepted, including TOEFL or IELTS scores for tests administered by an educational institution for admission to that particular institution. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years.