This session the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) will be offering an open online version of course, ‘Introduction to Cloud Computing.’ This course serves as an introduction to cloud computing for individuals and organizations.
This free online course will help you develop an understanding of the economics and architecture of various cloud computing models. The self-paced course starts on November 12, 2015.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 30 – 60 minutes/week
Subject: Cloud Computing
Institution: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on November 12, 2015.
IEEE is the world’s largest professional organization dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
This online platform edX provides online courses from the world’s best universities. edX can empower you to build innovative applications, services, and experiences.
About This Course
Cloud computing is one of the hottest technical topics today, with broad-ranging effects across IT, Information Architecture, Business, Software Engineering, and Data Storage. This course serves as an introduction to cloud computing for individuals and organizations.
No previous programming or architecture knowledge is necessary. Join now to learn the essentials of cloud computing.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts.
Applicants will learn:
-Basic concepts of cloud computing
-The NIST model for cloud infrastructure elements
-Cloud infrastructure from the consumer and producer views
-Basic issues in cloud security
-Cloud usage scenarios
-Economics and benefits analysis
– Phillip Laplante
Professor of Software and Systems EngineeringThe Pennsylvania State University
No previous programming or architecture knowledge is necessary.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)