The IFS (International Foundation for Science) is offering individual research grants for early-career scientists to carry out research projects for a period of 3 years. Citizens of Developing Countries (except G-20 Countries) are eligible to apply for these grants.
Grants up to USD 15,000 are awarded on merit basis and these are intended for the purchase of basic tools for research: equipment, expendable supplies and literature, as well as field activities.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
- University or Organization: IFS (International Foundation for Science)
- Department: NA
- Study Subject (s): Proposals are sought under one of three research areas:-Sustainable Natural Resources Management, Water and Aquatic Resources and Food Production, Food Security and Nutrition.
- Course Level: Grants are awarded to carry out research projects for a period of up to 3 years.
- Number of award(s): Not Known
- Duration of award(s): Grants will be offered for 1-3 years.
- Award: USD 15,00
- The award can be taken in Eligible Developing Countries (except G-20 Countries)
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Developing Countries (except G-20 Countries) are eligible to apply for the opportunity s.
- Admissible Criteria: The eligibility criteria for applicants are:
- For Country eligibility –
- To be eligible for support from IFS Individual Research, applicants must be citizens of a Developing country that is eligible for IFS support and carry out the research in an eligible country (this does not have to be the country of citizenship).
- Personal Eligibility-
- Must be citizens of eligible countries and carry out their research in an eligible country (this does not have to be the country of citizenship).
- Must have a minimum of an MSc, MA or equivalent academic degree.
- Must be (for men) younger than 35 years of age, and (for women) 40 years of age. (If the applicant’s 35th (men)/40th (women) birthday is on or after the closing date of the call, he/she is still eligible).
- Researchers, who are already IFS grantees, are eligible to apply for a renewal grant irrespective of age.
- Applicants must be attached to a national research institute (e.g. university, non-profit making research centre, or research-oriented NGO) in a developing country. The institution is expected to: administer the grant, guarantee that the applicant has a salary (or other source of income), and provide basic research facilities. Researchers employed at international research institutes are NOT eligible. However, researchers doing part of their project at an international institute can apply for an IFS grant, if their principal affiliation is with a national institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this grant, candidates must have to register and fill the online application form
(available on www.ifs.se).
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you are going to take the test.