The IGC is delighted to offer “NOS Alive – IGC Research Fellowship” to study in Portugal. For this call, the IGC offers four research projects, in different areas. The two selected candidates will have the opportunity to choose the project they want to pursue.
The IGC is a research institute devoted to biological and biomedical research and to graduate training. Excellence, originality, communication, cooperation and generosity, coupled with an outstanding infrastructure are essential ingredients that make IGC a special place to be.
- Applications Deadline: September 14, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Project no.1: Genomics and Conservation: can statistic modelling help us understand habitat loss and fragmentation in Madagascar, a biodiversity hotspot; Project no.2: Are host individual differences relevant for parasite virulence and transmission?; Project no.3: Characterization of bioactive factors in microvesicles induced by cerebral malaria; Project no.4: What is the origin of centrosome abnormalities in human cancer?.
- Scholarship Award: In accordance with regulations of the FCT Scientific Fellowships in Portugal (€745.00/month in Portugal and €1450.00/month outside of Portugal).
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for Portuguese citizens only.
- Number of Scholarships: Two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Portugal
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for Portuguese citizens only.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
All candidates should hold a Degree in Biology, Ecology, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences or related subjects, obtained from January 2014 onwards (Portuguese citizens only).
How to Apply: Applications should contain the following documents in a unique pdf document named as “CandidateName_Bolsa_NOS Alive2018”: a letter of motivation, the complete Curriculum Vitae, and reference letters. Alternatively, the reference letters can be sent directly by the supervisor(s).
Note: Indicate the reference of the fellowship in the subject. The applicant should rank the available projects in order of preference, and include that information in the email.