The Commercial Interior Design Competition is inviting candidates for the Student Design Competition in the USA. The IIDA Student Design Competition celebrates the talent and fresh design ideas of interior design students throughout the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design program or institution.
IIDA, with respect for past accomplishments of Interior Design leaders, strives to create a strong niche for the most talented and visionary Interior Design professionals, to elevate the profession to the level it warrants, and to lead the way for the next generation of Interior Design innovators.
Best competition for students in UK.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: Applications will be open January 13, 2020, and closes on February 17, 2020.
- Course Level: The studentships are open to graduate as well as undergraduate students.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded for students who are enrolled in interior design or architecture program
- Nationality: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Entrance Requirements: This competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students around the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture program.
- School projects already completed may be reinterpreted and/or edited to meet the requirements of this competition. If the school project was completed as a group, all members must agree in writing to enter the reinterpreted and/or edited project, and all members must be listed as participants on the entry form.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
Your project must be submitted digitally through the competition website. Submission to the website will be open from Monday, January 13, 2020, to Monday, February 17, 2020.
Each submission must include the following:
- Project/Contact Info (entry form)
- Participant name(s)
- Member ID (if a current member)
- Project title
- Contact info
- 500-word project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the best solution for the Digestive Health Clinic
- One (1) 24” x 36” digital presentation board in PDF format, file size between 3MB and 10MB, containing:
- One (1) dimensioned floor plan drawn to scale
- One (1) furniture and materials plan
- You may combine the dimensioned floor plan and furniture plans.
- One (1) reflected ceiling plan, created with the assumption that the ceiling is a blank slate
- Two to four (2-4) renderings of the completed space
- Two (2) additional drawings of the space, which can be an elevation, perspective, isometric, axonometric, or orthographic drawing
- Additional elements to convey the overall concept including, but not limited to, furniture and fixture specifications, colour palettes, wall sections, electrical plans, schedules, additional renderings, etc.
- Individual JPG file submissions of the ten to twelve (10-12) required drawings/renderings outlined above saved as:
- JPG format
- RGB colour mode
- 8.5” x 11” minimum dimensions
First, second, and third place winners will be selected by a jury of interior design and business professionals who will judge entries based on innovation and creativity, coherence and functionality, human impact, the fulfilment of program requirements, and presentation of the information.
- Prizes from OFS:
- 1st Place – $2,500
- 2nd Place – $1,500
- 3rd Place – $750