The Student Design Competition is now available for students from all around the world who are enrolled in interior designing or architecture program. Scholarships are open to graduate as well undergraduate students.
IIDA, with respect for past accomplishments of Interior Design leaders, strives to create a strong niche for the most talented and visionary Interior Design professionals, to elevate the profession to the level it warrants, and to lead the way for the next generation of Interior Design innovators.
- Applications Deadline: February 4, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are open to graduate as well undergraduate students.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for students who are enrolled in interior design or architecture program.
- Scholarship Award: First, second, and third place winners will be selected by a jury of interior design and business professionals who will judge entries based on innovation and creativity, coherence and functionality, human impact, fulfillment of program requirements, and presentation of the information.Prizes from OFS:
1st Place – $2,500
2nd Place – $1,500
3rd Place – $750*Prizes to be split amongst team members for team submissions that win.
- Nationality: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: This competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students around the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture program.
School projects already completed may be reinterpreted and/or edited to meet the requirements of this competition. If the school project was completed as a group, all members must agree in writing to enter the reinterpreted and/or edited project, and all members must be listed as participants on the entry form.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Your project must be submitted digitally through the competition website during any time between Monday, Nov. 5, 2018 to Monday, Feb. 4, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Central time.
- Project/Contact Info (entry form)
- Participant name(s)
- Member ID (if a current member)
- Project title
- Contact info
- 500-word project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the best solution for OFS Brands HQ
- (1) 24”x36” digital presentation board in PDF format not to exceed 5MB containing:
- (1) Dimensioned floor plan was drawn to scale
- (1) Furniture and materials plan
- You may combine the dimensioned floor plan and furniture plans.
- (1) Reflected ceiling plan (Assume the ceiling is a blank slate.)
- (2) to (4) Renderings of the completed space
- (2) Additional drawings of the space (elevation, perspective, isometric, axonometric, orthographic)
- Additional elements to convey the overall concept including, but not limited to, furniture and fixture specifications, color palettes, wall sections, electrical plans, schedules, additional renderings, etc.
- Filename: SDC + initials + year_board (SDCLHH2018_board.pdf)
- Individual JPEG digital submissions of the (10) to (12) required drawings/renderings outlined above saved:
- JPG format
- RGB color mode
- Maximum size of 1MB per image
- Filename: SDC + initials + year_number (SDCLHH2018_1.jpg)
- Document dimensions not to exceed 11”x17”