PhD Positionsat a world-class research institution, you could be selected to receive Full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London. The studentships are open to students around the world.
Scholarships aim to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
User Review( votes)
Imperial College London is the only UK University to focus entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business. International reputation for excellence in teaching and research sees us consistently rated in the top 10 universities worldwide.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme at Imperial College London.
Study Subject: The studentships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Number of Awards: 50 opportunities are available.
Award: Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £20,800 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these endowments:
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Positions– Unavailable Supervisors page for more information. Please note: current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
Nationality: The studentships are open to students around the world.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Imperial College London considers IELTS scores [6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in all elements) and 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in all elements)]to be valid for 2 years. Scores must be valid at the beginning of their studies at Imperial if their application is successful.
How to Apply: There is not a specific application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the opportunity based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words (maximum 2 pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project. The selection panel will not consider statements exceeding the 2 page limit. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission.
- To be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Eligible candidates will be advanced to the next review and selection process; please see the deadlines below.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is July 30, (overseas/EU applicants) or September 1, (UK applicants).