If you are a high-performing undergraduate or Master’s student and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD Scholarship at a world-class research institution, you could be selected to receive Full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
The studentships are open to students from all backgrounds and nationalities. Both full-time and part-time study on The grant is available. Scholarships aim to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
User Review( votes)
For 2023-24, candidates applying to the President’s PhD financial aid positions will also be considered for the Sir Michael Uren Engineering Scholarship and the Sir Michael Uren Medicine Scholarship, which support interdisciplinary research across medicine and engineering. these endowments provide the same support package as the President’s PhD Scholarships.
Imperial College London is the only UK University to focus entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business. Its International reputation for excellence in teaching and research sees us consistently rated in the top 10 universities worldwide.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme at Imperial College London.
Study Subject: The studentships are offered in diverse fields to help students upgrade their education.
Number of Awards: 50 opportunities are available.
Award: Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £22,900 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
- You will also have access to the full range of support available to postgraduates at Imperial, including tailored support for disabled and international students and the wider Graduate School programme of professional skills courses.
The award can be taken in the UK
Applicants must meet the following area for these endowments:
- Talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide are accepted applications. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort and receipt of, or due to receive, a first-class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master‡s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first-class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Master’s that forms part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master‡s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Before applying, candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are limited to supervising one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Positions– Unavailable Supervisors page for more information. Please note: current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
Nationality: The studentships are open to students around the world.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort and in receipt of, or due to receive, a first-class UK degree or equivalent.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Imperial College London considers IELTS scores [6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in all elements) and 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in all elements)]to be valid for 2 years. Scores must be valid at the beginning of their studies at Imperial if their application is successful.
How to Apply:
There is no specific application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through their online admissions system. Your department will put you forward for the opportunity based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement, you must ensure that it consists of approx. One thousand words (maximum 2-pages) and outline your academic and research achievements to date, briefly explaining your planned research project. The selection panel will not consider statements exceeding the 2-page limit. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission.
- To be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Eligible candidates will be advanced to the next review and selection process; please see the deadlines below.
- Applicants who apply before 4 November 2022 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 23 January 2023.
- Applicants who apply before 6 January 2023 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 20 March 2023.
- Applicants who apply before 3 March 2023 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 22 May 2023.