IMT is offering free online course on 4G Network Essentials. This course is ideal for network engineers, sales engineers, application developers, and many other telecoms pros.
This course will help applicants to understand the technology behind the apps and devices we use every day. This course will start on May 9, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Institution: Institut Mines-Télécom and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on May 9, 2017
Institut Mines-Télécom is a public institution dedicated to higher education, research and innovation in engineering and digital technologies. Always attentive to the economic world, IMT combines strong academic legitimacy, close corporate relations. It focuses on key transformations in Digital Technologies, Production, Energy and Ecology and trains the engineers, managers and PhDs who will be tomorrow’s players in these key changes of the 21st century.
About This Course
4G is the cutting-edge network technology that links millions of smartphones to the internet. But how does it actually work?
Ideal for network engineers, sales engineers, application developers, and many other telecoms pros, this course will help you to understand the technology behind the apps and devices we use every day.
You’ll get a solid overview of LTE/EPC (Long Term Evolution / Evolved Packet Core) 4G networks, how they work, how the network architecture is designed, and which protocols are used.
First, you’ll gain exposure to the global architecture of the network, how the radio interface works, and how security is guaranteed.
Then you’ll dive into the operational side. What is a bearer? How is it quickly configured and released? How does 4G handle millions of terminals that are on the move all the time?
Over the next few years, the advent of 5G will see over 20 billion mobile terminals go online. By mastering the key concepts of 4G, you can be ready for the next chapter in mobile networking—and the jobs of the future.
Why Take This Course?
Whether you’re a graduate student or already in a professional role, targeting a career move or just building your skills, you’ll gain plenty of detailed, practical knowledge that you can put into practice immediately.
- Describe 4G networks’ functioning and architecture.
- Explain how telecommunications operators provide mobile users with a permanent IP address in a secure manner.
- Analyze the internal exchanges and protocols used in a 4G network: attachment, location updating, handover.
- Identify the transport and control functions in a 4G network. Diagnose a network service problem.
Teaching and Research Assistant
BSc degree (algebra, basic mathematics concepts) Network fundamentals (packet switching, layer approach, IP concepts, IP addressing) are addressed in Digital Networks Essentials.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)