The Indian Institute of Science is inviting applications from Indian students to apply for Raman Postdocs Positions. These positions are available to pursue the Postdoc program.
The Institute invites applications for intensely motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, for the positions of Raman Post-Docs.
Wonderful Positions for Indian Students in India.
User Review( votes)
IISc aims to be among the world’s foremost academic institutions through the pursuit of excellence in research and promotion of innovation by offering world-class education to train future leaders in science and technology and by applying science and technology breakthroughs for India’s wealth creation and social welfare.
Applications Deadline: This is a rolling advertisement and candidates can apply any time during the year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Ph.D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout.
- Candidates who are expecting to submit the Ph.D. thesis shortly may also apply but their applications will be considered only after thesis submission.
- Candidates should preferably be less than 32 years of age at the time of applying.
- These positions are available for Indian students.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates for an interview as are found suitable. Thus, just fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria would not entitle one to be selected.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is incorrect or false, the candidature/appointment is liable to be canceled/terminated.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact the chair of their preferred department/s for additional information.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must first contact a faculty member in the Institute who is willing to host the candidate. A consent letter or consent email is required from the faculty member as a part of the application package. Candidates should apply using the fillable PDF form. The following documents are required along with the application.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the CV, PDF files of at least two and up to five important publications, Proposed research plan, Consent letter or email from the faculty member, Any other relevant information.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a good command of both written and spoken English.
Benefit: Selected candidates will receive a consolidated monthly package of Rs. 1 Lakh. In addition, they will receive a research grant of Rs. 8 Lakhs per year.