Applications are invited from interested students for the award of Junior Research Fellowships of the Department of Atomic Energy tenable at the Centre. The selected candidates will be eligible to register for PhD in Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI, a deemed to be a university of Department of Atomic Energy).
Indira Gandhi Centre For Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam is a premier research institute dedicated to the development of robust fast reactor technology based on intense multi-disciplinary research. IGCAR is empowering young, talented and motivated students to contribute to path-breaking discoveries in frontier areas of engineering’scientific research and cutting-edge technologies by offering Junior Research Fellowships.
User Review( votes)
The vibrant research and developmental activities of IGCAR encompass a wide spectrum of fields including condensed matter physics, high-temperature chemistry, environmental science, applied mechanics, non-destructive evaluation, structural mechanics, fluid dynamics etc. State-of-the-art infrastructure is available at IGCAR for carrying out excellent research.
State of the art infrastructure :
- Ion accelerators, Rutherford Backscattering, Channeling, Positron lifetime measurements and Mossbauer Spectroscopy, Laser Raman Spectroscopy, Advanced sensor technology like SQUIDS, Pulsed Laser ablation, Magnetron Sputtering and Plasma methods
- High-Resolution Electron Microscopy, Secondary Ion Mass Spectroscopy and Atomic Force Microscopy, Electron Probe Microanalysis and Computational facilities Lui theoretical modelling studies
- Laser-induced vaporization mass spectrometry, High-temperature mass spectrometry, MALDI-TOFMS, Different types of Calorimetry and Differential Scanning Calorimetry Supercritical Fluid Extraction Chromatography, IR spectroscopy, Neutron Activation Analysis, X-ray diffractometry, Thermal Expansion and Phase transition studies
- High-temperature component testing facilities, In-sodium testing facility, Steam Generator Test Facility, Large components testing facility and Boron enrichment plant
- Shake Table for seismic simulations, Core Disruptive accident analysis, Design of major equipment and components for PFBR, Gas entrainment studies. Thermal Hydraulics and Structural Integrity assessment experimental and theoretical)Development of Full Scope. Replica type PFBR Operator Training Simulator, Providing & Management of Computing & Data Communication Facilities, Design & Development of Electronic Instrumentation & Control systems for Nuclear Reactors
- Nuclear counting facility, Thermo Luminescent Dosimetry (TLD) facility, Radon laboratory, Aerosol Transport Facility, ECR X-ray source and ESR spectrometer. Gamma scanning facility, Bubble detectors, Automated Metaphase finder, fluorescent light microscope, inverted phase-contrast microscopy, PCR machine and electrophoresis apparatus for bio-dosimetry, Core Catcher and Sodium fire experimental facility
Last date for receipt of Applications: Closed