IBM – IUSSTF Visiting Fellowships in NanotechnologyThe Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) together with IBM announce the IBM-IUSSTF Visiting Fellowships. The IBM-IUSSTF Visiting Fellowships are envisaged to provide research opportunities for selected Indian researchers in the field of nanotechnology to undertake research at IBM’s Thomas J. Watson Research Laboratory in Yorktown Heights, New York. The Fellowship is intended to provide a platform for vibrant interaction between Indian and IBM researchers thus fostering excellence and building long-term networks. The individual availing this Fellowship would be called an IBM-IUSSTF Fellow.
User Review( votes)
* Researcher or faculty member holding a regular position in a recognized Indian academic institution or R&D laboratory.
* PhD in Sciences or Technology or equivalent.
* Outstanding record of scholarly achievement and significant contribution to research and development in the field of nanotechnology.
Areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology covered under the Fellowship*
* Materials and devices for energy conversion
* Materials for memory devices
* Promising applications in areas other than the above areas may also be considered.
* Fellow will be entitled to a monthly stipend of $6,000 to $10,000 that will depend upon the technical area and experience of the individual, plus assistance with actual moving expenses. The Fellow will be expected to cover other expenses from the stipend.
* Return Air-tickets for the selected Fellow will be provided directly by the IUSSTF travel desk by economy class and shortest route. As a rule, reimbursements will not be provided for air tickets purchased directly.
Arrangements concerning leave, and any compensation and benefits during the Fellowship, other than those specifically stated above, will be between the Fellow and his or her parent organization/institution/university
Fellowship Duration: Three to six months for one researcher in 2008.
1. Application should be submitted in the prescribed format electronically
2. Application should not be more than 20 pages maximum including CVs
3. Application should be forwarded through the head of organization/ department where the candidate is employed
4. The nominated candidate, for IBM-IUSSTF Fellow will be required to undergo a final selection process at IBM. On selection, the IBM-IUSSTF Fellow will be required to sign an IBM Employee Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Agreement with IBM.
Application should be submitted electronically as single word/ pdf file with
Subject: IBM-IUSSTF Fellowship Application to both:
[email protected] and Supratik Guha: [email protected]
For immediate answers to your queries, please contact:
Dr. Smriti Trikha
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
12 Hailey Road, Fulbright House
New Delhi- 110 001
Ph: 91-11-42691700; Fax: 91-11-23321552
Email: [email protected]ndousstf.org
Submission deadline: 20 July 2008
Award announcement: 10 August 2008