INPEX Scholarship Foundation is offering scholarships for Indonesian students to study postgraduate course of the university in Japan. A maximum of three (3) students will be accepted for the 2020 scholarship program.
INPEX Scholarship Foundation was established as a nonprofit organization in Japan in March 1981 with a donation by then Indonesia Petroleum, Ltd. in commemoration of the 15th Anniversary in order to promote mutual understanding, friendship, and goodwill through an exchange of students by means of Awards.
Under its international education exchange program, this foundation offers scholarships to promising Indonesian students who wish to study in a postgraduate course of the university in Japan and accepts the applicants for programmes for 2020 on the following plan.
Organization: INPEX Scholarship Foundation
Course Level: Postgraduate course
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Indonesian students
The program can be taken in Japan
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
- Indonesian students can apply for these INPEX scholarships.
- All of the following conditions should be satisfied.
- Those who have the nationality of the Republic of Indonesia and are less than 30 years of age at the time of the submission of the application and have a “SARJANA” Degree in Natural Science from a prestigious Indonesian university with at least 16 years of school education, or equivalent academic background.
- Those who have the aim to study a course of Natural Science in a masters program of the university in Japan, and were permitted or are expected to be permitted to enter the university.
- Those who have excellent results of the school record, (cumulative GPA: more than 3.0) and are in good health
- Those who have been permitted to get the scholarship of the foundation by their belonging institutes, universities or companies.
- Those who have an interest in the friendly relations between the Republic of Indonesia and Japan and are prepared to contribute to the promotion of such relations.
- Those who had not or have not been awarded similar scholarships in Japan or in developed countries.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can send the applications by post. The following papers must be submitted, being attached to the application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to provide 2 photographs, 5cm x 3.5cm, School Record Transcript of academic record, Letter of Recommendation Confidential letter, Certificate of Graduation Graduation certificate, Personal History and Personal Data (Curriculum Vitae), Health Certificate , Admission Certificate, Certificate of TOEFL/IELTS scores record, Certificate of Japanese language proficiency, if any, Return Envelope (approx. 23cm×12cm).
- Admission Requirements: Applicant must have a “SARJANA” Degree in Natural Science from a prestigious Indonesian university with at least 16 years of school education or equivalent academic background.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The payment of school and living expenses will be made to the scholarship students during their study in Japan, based on the Regulation of Award of this Foundation. The Award in 2020 is as follows.
- School expenses to be paid to the university such as entrance examination fee, entrance fee, tuition fee, etc. are all borne by the Foundation.
- Monthly award of Yen 160,000 is given to each student as living expenses, including lodging expenses, medical expenses, transportation fee, books, etc. Commuter pass expenses are separately borne by the FOUNDATION.
- Air ticket (economy class, Jakarta-Tokyo) will be given to the scholarship students when coming to and leaving Japan. However, all other expenses necessary for travelling such as passport acquisition fee, the visa fee for entering Japan, etc. are to be borne by the students.
- A scholarship is awarded for up to two years and eight months maximum
- The payment of the award will commence from the date mentioned in the notification of acceptance and will end on the date 30 days after the day of completion of study or research, the date leaving Japan or the expiration of 2 years and 8 months, whichever occurs earlier
- In case the date of commencement or termination of the Award is in the middle of the month, the full amount will be given if the balance of days is more than half month, and half amount if the balance of days is less than half month.
- The payment of Award is stopped in the following cases 1) When it becomes impossible for the student to continue their study or research due to illness or failure in the examination to the master’s course or other reasons. 2) When the results of school record are poor. 3) When the professor in charge considers that the student is not qualified to continue studying or continue research. 4) In case the student is unsound and improper in their conduct. 5) When the student brings discredit to this FOUNDATIONs prestige and reputation. 6 When the student makes a false report to this FOUNDATION or disobeys the rules and/or regulations of this FOUNDATION
- Absence from Japan during a grant period. Scholarship students may leave Japan temporarily during the grant period if such absence does not interfere with the purpose of the grant. A total absence of up to 21 days per year after having passed the entrance examination to the master’s course will be allowed without any deduction in grant benefits. 2) A total absence in excess of 21 days per year will result in deduction of monthly award for the excess period accordingly.