The University of Groningen is currently accepting applications for the Interdisciplinary PhD Scholarships in International Sanctions in the Netherlands. The applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now open.
The Scholarship is available to students from all over the world who wish to pursue a PhD degree at the Graduate School of Economics & Business. The successful candidate will receive a gross scholarship of € 2,249 per month, from which wage tax and social insurance premiums will be deducted.
This scholarship scheme will help students with the cost of their education.
User Review( votes)
The University of Groningen is a public research university of more than 30,000 students in the city of Groningen in the Netherlands. Founded in 1614, the university is the second oldest in the country and one of the most traditional and prestigious universities in the Netherlands. The university’s mission is to procure and connect students, academics, and professionals so that they can collaborate to recognize regional, national, and international economic and business concerns.
Why study at the University of Groningen? One of the top universities in the world and home to some of the best research facilities in Europe is Groningen. A linguistics degree is helpful for professions in publishing, government administration, and teaching abroad. It has built a reputation for excellence that does ground-breaking and socially-relevant research that builds bridges between disciplines and closes the gap between science and society.
Application Deadline: Applications must apply for this position until 31 August 11:59 pm / before 1 September 2022 Dutch local time.
- University or Organization: The University of Groningen
- Department: Graduate School of Economics & Business
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,249
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in international sanctions offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Have a strong interest in government policy and its relation to the world economy.
- Have an interdisciplinary background, or affinity for working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Show perseverance, flexibility, project management, and collaboration skills.
- Be able to finish the PhD thesis in four years.
- Enjoy planning and taking initiatives.
- Enjoy academic writing and have the desire to publish.
- Be able and willing to work in Groningen in an international and interdisciplinary environment.
- Formulate a research proposal to be developed further with the supervision team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants need to take admission in a PhD degree at the University of Groningen. After being enrolled, applicants can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: The application package consists of the following separate documents:
- A motivation letter
- A research proposal (max two pages)
- A scan of your diploma, including transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Other relevant documents.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a relevant master’s degree in the social sciences.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The successful candidate will receive a gross scholarship of € 2,249 per month, from which wage tax and social insurance premiums will be deducted at the University of Groningen.