The University of Technology Sydney is offering funding for International Baccalaureate (IB) graduates from selected schools in South East Asia.
This Scholarship was established by UTS to attract top achieving commencing international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) from selected schools in South East Asia and are enrolling in an undergraduate program at UTS in Sydney.
The University of Technology Sydney is a public university in Sydney, Australia. The university was founded in its current form in 1988, although its origins trace back to the 1870s. It is part of the Australian Technology Network of universities.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing an International Baccalaureate (IB) programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are enrolling in an undergraduate program at UTS in Sydney.
Award: The Scholarship, valued at 50% of the Recipient’s tuition fees, will be awarded to one (1) Recipient from each of the schools defined below, for commencement at UTS within the period of 1st of July to 30th of June.
The award can be taken in Australia
Nationality: Graduates from Selected Schools in South East Asia are eligible to apply.
To be eligible to apply for the opportunity , an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of a country in the South-East Asia Region (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar [Burma], Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam); and
- Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Meet the UTS admission criteria for the selected UTS undergraduate degree course; and
- Must be expecting or have obtained an aggregate score including bonus and penalty points of 28 or above in their International Baccalaureate (IB);
- Completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma no longer than 1 year prior to commencing at UTS, and be admitted based on this qualification to UTS; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible.
- Must be completing or have completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma from one of the following schools:
- Binus School Simprug, Indonesia,
- Cebu International School, Philippines,
- Chinese International School Manila, Philippines
- Cita Hati Christiah School, Indonesia
- European International School, Vietnam
- GEMS World Academy, Singapore
- Global Indian International School, Singapore
- Hwa Chong International School, Singapore
- Marlborough College Malaysia, Malaysia
- Nexus International School Malaysia, Malaysia
- NIST International School, Thailand
- Overseas Family School, Singapore
- The International School of Penang (Uplands), Malaysia
- Tunas Muda International School, Indonesia
- Xavier School, Philippines
How to Apply:
To apply for this Scholarship please submit the online application form. Your application will be considered on the basis of academic merit
College Admission Requirement
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a previous degree.
- Test Requirement: No
- English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Application Deadline: Coming soon (Applications for Spring session 2020 will open in April 2020.)