Fellowship program for 100 promising PhD students and Post-docs by BioVision, the World Life Sciences Forum.
Job Description: BioVision is a three-day international forum, held in Lyon every two years. We aim:
• To explain Life Sciences discoveries and discusstheir societal and ethical implications with all stakeholders: scientists, industry leaders, national and international policy-makers and civil society.
• To engage key international leaders from different backgrounds in debates on global issues involving science and society.
•To build tomorrow’s Life Sciences community with next generation scientists thanks to the BioVision. Nxt fellowship programme.
• To foster discussion between the four communities involved by offering networking opportunities during the Forum and beyond, through the Internet.
User Review( votes)
What Makes us Different?
Our partnership with the Académie des Sciences,founding member of BioVision.
• The high-level speakers and the international focus of the Forum (around 60 countries represented in 2009).
• The debates offer a wide spectrum of opinions, including those of researchers, industry leaders, policymakers
• The diverstiy of subjects covered, ranging from the most recent Life Sciences discoveries to major contemporary global issues in health, nutrition and the environment.
• The numerous networking opportunities and privileged meetings with the speakers, both during the Forum and through BioVision website.
BioVision.Nxt offers to Fellows unique opportunities:
• To get an overview of Life Sciences future breakthroughs from key leading international scientists
• To debate on Life Sciences impact on society at large with a wide range of high level stakeholders and contribute to propose innovative solutions
• To meet and discuss, in fireside chat-type session, with several BioVision speakers: including Nobel Prize laureates, renowned professors and researchers, CEOs of pharmaceutical groups, policy makers, NGO leaders…
• To exchange and network with other Fellows and peers, and keep in touch with them through the Alumni network.
Who May Apply?
Applicants must meet the following criteria and provide relevant documentation:
• He/she is under 35 years of age at the time of application
• He/she is a PhD student, a doctoral candidate or a Post-doc in the following fields related to Life Sciences: Biology, Healthcare, Agriculture, Food and Nutrition, Environment.
• He/she has demonstrated a commitment to serve society at large through contributions and extra-curricular activities, and has a global perspective. Candidates with the following skills will be encouraged:
• Strong interest in dialogue between Science/ Society
• Communication skills, capacity to network and disseminate information, fluent English.
Application Closing date: 15 October 2010