The educational award is available for incoming first-year international citizens (not U.S. citizens or permanent residents) who want to pursue an undergraduate degree at the university.
The University of Iowa is the state’s oldest institution of higher education located in Iowa City, USA. The university offers undergraduate and graduates education, professional education, and education and training in the health sciences.
A wonderful chance for international students.
User Review( votes)
Why study at the University of Iowa? The university education experience can help students progress onto a relevant four-year Bachelor’s Degree program. It provides a safe learning and living environment and employs strict codes of conduct for their students.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is May 1
- University: University of Iowa
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: 10,000 tuition fee discount
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to international students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for an Undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, International students entering the fall (August) 2022 term will be considered for a limited number of merit scholarships. Scholarship selection is competitive, and is based on holistic review of all application information, high school marks/grades, and ACT or SAT scores.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, applicants must take admission at the university. After then apply for this online application process.
- Supporting Documents: If you wish to participate, you need to submit the application page, two essays (Statement of Proposed Study and Personal Statement – every 750 words or less), an unofficial grade report (from MyUI Student Portal), and two letters of reference (UI faculty/Teaching Assistants).
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must be in good academic standing. They must have a minimum 3.33 UI cumulative GPA as reported on the unofficial UI grade report
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The University of Iowa will provide the award amount of $10,000 per year to the successful candidates.