The Universiti Putra Malaysia is offering International Graduate Student Scholarships (IGSS) for the academic year of 2021-2020. These are awarded to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia.
This scholarship was created to provide the financial incentive for students with an excellent academic record from countries within Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Universiti Putra Malaysia is recognized by independent government assessments as one of Malaysia’s leading research Universities.
Why at Universiti Putra Malaysia? As a world-renowned center of learning and research, UPM has attracted students and staff from all around the world making it a well- respected global entity.
University or Organization: Universiti Putra Malaysia
Course Level: Graduate program
Award: 30 percent of the tuition fees
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in Malaysia
Application Deadline: 31 July 2021
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must have fulfilled the general application requirements for international students;
- The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50;
- The applicant is intending to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia;
- The applicant is not a recipient of any other forms of financial support;
- The applicant has published at least one article in an academic journal and/or has received a strong recommendation from academic institutions (e.g. Vice Chancellor, Dean, Director);
- Priority is given to applicants from academic institutions which have MoUs with UPM
- Recipients must graduate on time (GOT) – For UPM Alumni only.
- This scholarship is only open to new students starting from First Semester 209/2020.
- International students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The completed application form can be sent by post, fax or via email.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the support letter from the Embassy and Supervisor, copies of published journal article/s, offer letter of admission.
- Admission Requirement: The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50.
- Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Benefit: The scholarship covers up to 30 percent of the tuition fees for the duration of 6 semesters.