Hong Kong Polytechnic University is offering a free online course on International Hospitality Luxury Management. This course is intended for applicants who have hospitality and tourism-related experiences.
In this course applicants will understand the power of a luxury brand and gain the business skills needed to provide premium goods and services within the hotel and tourism industry. The course will start on August 29, 2019.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Hong Kong Polytechnic University and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course will start on August 29, 2019
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is committed to education and preparing students to becoming global citizens through quality learning and teaching. They are internationally known for our excellence in professional education and innovative research.
About This Course
Learn strategies and skills for managing luxury brands within the hotel and tourism industry. You will analyze the essence of a luxury brand and learn marketing techniques and trends to better position your services. You will learn how luxury brands are created and how to properly communicate the value of your brand. Concepts and applications will be introduced through textbooks, selected journal articles and field visits.
Why Take This Course?
In this course applicants will understand the power of a luxury brand and gain the business skills needed to provide premium goods and services within the hotel and tourism industry.
- Evaluate and discuss the essence of luxury brand management. Address the brand potential that exists in luxury activities, and how luxury-goods businesses should be conducted on a daily basis
- Analyze and critic the specificities of luxury goods marketing, the long term trends in the luxury industry and the changing shape and definition of the luxury sector
- Analyze and evaluate luxury brand management research journals
- Identify luxury brand and experience problems within the hotel and tourism context, and apply research skills and techniques to solve these problems
- Analyze and appraise related numerical and graphical data regarding managing luxury brand and experience, and develop solutions for industry practitioners
Week 1: Specificities of the Luxury Industry
Week 2: Luxury Brand Power and Lifecycle
Week 3: The Luxury Client
Week 4: Luxury Brand Identity
Week 5: Managing Luxury Brand Creation and Communication
Week 6: International Distribution and Retailing
Prof Hanqin Qiu is a professor at the School of Hotel and Tourism Management at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. She received his A.B., S.M., and Ph.D. from Nankai, Waterloo and Strathclyde University respectively.
Leaners need to have hospitality and tourism related experiences.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghome page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)