Victoria University of Wellington is cordially inviting applicants to join International Masters Research Scholarships. The program is awarded to students from all around the globe.
The university offers a number of scholarships that assist motivated students who want to begin a full-time, research-focused Master’s degree for the academic year 2021-2022.
Nice opportunity for international students in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The Victoria University of Wellington has a proud history of academic excellence as one of the great global-civic universities. The university offers a learning environment to help students meet their educational goals.
Why study at Victoria University of Wellington? In teaching and study and programmes of national significance and international quality, the university has a history of promoting strong global ties. Here a selection of courses and full support from professional teachers or researchers will be provided to the participants.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2020
- University or Organization: Victoria University of Wellington
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters Research
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: No of scholarships
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: To pursue a Master’s research program
- Engineering & Science
- Mechanisms & Interventions in Health & Disease
- Sports Performance & Business
- Social & Cultural Transformation research
- Healthy & Inclusive Communities – Sport, Physical Activity & Culture.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- They must have completion of an Australian Bachelor Honours degree (or equivalent) in the same discipline with an average grade of Distinction (or equivalent). OR completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in the same discipline with an average grade of Distinction (or equivalent)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity, candidates must take admission in the research Master’s degree at the university. After that, students must submit an online application for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit academic transcripts, CV, certificates and provide references or a personal statement as part of their application.
- Admission Requirements: The financial aid positions will be awarded solely on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee, a sub-committee of the University Research Committee.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet English language requirements for masters degrees for international students. You will need to provide evidence of achievement of one of the following levels of English language proficiency:
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0).
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
- Listening: 19
- Speaking: 19
- Reading: 18
- Writing: 22.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50).
- University of Cambridge – Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English – English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
Victoria University of Wellington provides the award value in the following manner:
- Tuition fees: between AU$25,000-30,000 per annum
- Honorarium: up to $AU10,000 based on Milestone Achievements
- Candidature budget: up to AU$1500-$3350, depending on the discipline