Applications are being accepted from the domestic and international candidates for the PhD Fellowships in Weed Evolutionary Ecology.
The main objective of this fellowship is to assist talented students who want to undertake a PhD degree in the Faculty of Science for the academic year 2021/2022.
Denmark’s oldest university and research centre is the University of Copenhagen. It provides nearly 200 academic programs in health sciences, humanities, law, and biological sciences, among other fields.
Why would you like to study at the University of Copenhagen? While studying at this university, you will receive training in plant ecology and evolution, plant molecular biology, and statistical population genetics. You will work closely with postdoctoral scientists in the group
Application Deadline: June 20, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Department of Plant and Environmental Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: DKK 53,811
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Weed Evolutionary Ecology.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should hold an MSc degree in plant, environmental/ecological, agricultural or biotechnological sciencewith good results and good English skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the funding opportunity, applicants must fill and submit the online application form. Before it, applicants are required to become a part of the University of Copenhagen as a PhD student at the Department of Biology.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit documents in the following manner:
- Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
- 1-3 reference letters (if any)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet all entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The University of Copenhagen will provide a salary at a minimum DKK 330,817 (approx. €44,108) including annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,811). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.