Amsterdam Business School is looking for outstanding international candidates to apply for the PhD Position in Statistics and Machine Learning at University of Amsterdam. The studentship is open for the academic year 2021/2022.
The study award aims to support highly talented students who want to complete their PhD degree program at the Amsterdam Business School.
The Amsterdam Business School is now providing an amount of up to €3,061 gross per month for PhD study in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1632, Amsterdam Business School is a public institution and the Business School of the University of Amsterdam. The School is one of only 1% of business schools worldwide to hold the Triple Crown accreditation.
Why would you like to study at Amsterdam Business School? By joining this ABS, students can still take advantage of the small-scale and interactive seminars, workshops and international learning environment.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Amsterdam
- Department: Amsterdam Business School
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: €2,395 to €3,061 gross per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD position in Statistics with a computer science orientation
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Masters’ degree (preferably a Research Master´s or MPhil degree) in Econometrics, Mathematics or a related field.
- GMAT or GRE score of no more than five years old (for students with a Master degree obtained from a non-Dutch university). An indication of the minimum score required is 85%
- Proof of English proficiency through a TOEFL test (score of at least 100 on the internet-based test and 600 on the paper-based test) or IELTS test (minimum score of 7.5), where the scores were obtained no more than two years before the application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity, applicants must take admission in PhD degree coursework at the University. After that, they can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: To apply this process, all students need to submit all the following supporting documents:
- A letter of motivation
- A description of the candidate’s primary research interests and ambitions
- A CV
- A grade list for the most recently completed degree
- A sample of completed research work (i.e., thesis proposal)
- Two letters of reference (preferable by thesis advisor) and recent test scores (GMAT/GRE, TOEFL/IELTS) if applicable.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have to meet the entry requirement at the University.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements
The University of Amsterdam will provide a salary range from €2,395 to €3,061 gross per month to the successful candidates.