The University College Cork is offering applications for the Four-year Doctoral Studentships in Computer Science as part of the SMARTeBuses project.
Funded by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland Research RD&D Programme, the project is categorized as Non-economic Public Good Research under the EU State Aid regulations.
The University College Cork is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world. Founded in 1845, the UCC is an internationally competitive, research-led university in Ireland.
Why at the University College Cork? As a student at UCC, you will receive high-quality learning activities and experience. Start your learning journey today!
Application Deadline: February 7, 2020
- University or Organization: University College Cork, Ireland
- Department: School of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Course Level: PhD/Research
- Award: Funding of €18,500 per annum for four years and €5,500 towards tuition fees annually
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted form all nationalities around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships will award for PhD positions in computer science
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- These students will have an undergraduate or taught postgraduate degree in computer science or mathematics, with strong analytical, problem-solving, and software experience.
- Students will be expected to have some experience in constraint programming, operations research, machine learning, four, local search, graph theory or artificial intelligence, e.g. having undertaken an undergraduate project in one of these areas or having completed an MSc in a closely related field.
- Other relevant areas of expertise would be knowledge in constraint, integer or dynamic programming, or evolutionary computation or other metaheuristics, or a machine learning area such as reinforcement learning.
How to Apply
- To Apply: Interested applicants must apply by email to Dr Alejandro Arbelaez ([email protected]) and must include “PhD SMARTeBuses Application” in the subject line.
- Supporting Documents: Applications must include (in PDF format only): Full CV, A transcript of results for all university-level modules and courses, One-page abstract describing final year undergraduate project (if applicable), One-page abstract describing MSc project (if applicable) – One-page abstract describing relevant work experience (if valid), and 300-word statement explaining interest in research, referring explicitly to one or more of the areas listed above.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have an undergraduate or taught postgraduate degree in computer science or mathematics.
- Language Requirement: If the applicant’s first language is not English, they will have to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
The winning candidates will each receive total funding of €18,500 per annum for up to four years as well as an annual contribution of €5,500 for tuition fees.
Note: General enquiries about the PhD positions can be made to Dr Alejandro Arbelaez: [email protected]