The Eindhoven University of Technology is looking for highly motivated, ambitious, and talented people who want to further their education by applying for International PhD Positions in Seamless Design of Smart Edge Processors.
This position aims to support high potential overseas students who want to undertake the PhD programme at the Department of Electrical Engineering.
This scholarship scheme is a great chance to pursue a doctoral degree at an affordable cost at the Eindhoven University of Technology.
User Review( votes)
The Eindhoven University of Technology is a young university, founded in 1956 by industry, local government and academia. Their collaborative attitude is still alive and well in the academic community today. TU/e encourages and facilitates the continuous personal development of its professionals.
Why choose to study at the Eindhoven University of Technology? TU/e is known for graduating engineers who are capable of tackling problems that have yet to occur. Students will take advanced courses to learn complex design and problem-solving skills. They will work in interdisciplinary teams and learn more professional skills that will enhance their career opportunities.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before August 05, 2022
- University or Organization: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Department: Department of Electrical Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake a research programme in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Eindhoven.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants are required to have been accepted by the university in the applied research programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students can apply to any research programme of their choice at TU/e through the online application form. Applicants that are accepted in their respective discipline will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: you are asked to send the following documents to the International Office:
- Cover letter in which you describe your personal motivation and qualifications specifically for the position. Indicate your choice of research topics listed above.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Transcript of master’s and bachelor’s degrees.
- Copies of your final MSc thesis, including English abstracts and (if applicable), published papers (PDF files). Submit at least one document written in English of which you are the main author.
- Results of your IELTS or TOEFL test (or equivalent) and the contact information of two academic referees.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must meet all entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The university requires proof of English proficiency, such as an Academic IELTS score of at least 6.5 on average and no score less than 6.0. You need a C1 level related to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF or CEFR) and to IELTS equivalence.
The Eindhoven University of Technology will cover the following study expenses:
A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called ‘30% facility’, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.