Awards help the students to reduce their educational expenses. Therefore for helping students, the University of Sydney is offering the International PhD Positionsin Australia.
The study program is designed to support domestic and international students commencing research under the Discovery Early Career Researcher Award project on the future of work.
The University of Sydney is ranked #40 in QS Global World University Rankings 2021. Hurry Up! Apply for its PhD funding opportunity and receive an award amount of $35,000 p.a. (up to 4 years).
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney offers more than 100 major and minor programmes in Australia to integrate student interests across disciplines. With over 400 fields of study, its world-class faculty and schools have a lot to offer.
Why study at the University of Sydney? Students will enjoy life and excel in their career objectives while studying at this university. Through advances in education, they foster the intellectual and personal advancement of their students.
Application Deadline: February 4, 2021
- University: University of Sydney
- Department: Business School
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: $35,000 p.a. (up to 4 years)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic and International Students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD Positions in Algorithmic Management and the Future of Work
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a PhD within the University of Sydney Business School
- Be willing to conduct research into the DECRA scheme project ‘Algorithmic management and the future of work: lessons from the gig economy.’
- Candidates should have Dr Alex Veen from the Business School on your supervisory team
- They hold an honours degree (first-class or second class upper) or a master’s degree in a related field with a substantial research component.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, candidates must hold an unconditional offer of admission into the PhD Positions in Algorithmic Management and the Future of Work course offered by the University of Sydney Business School. After that, they can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: To complete the application online, you will need the following documents (can be submitted in MS Word, RTF or PDF formats): employment history/professional details (CV/resume), academic qualifications, a one-page statement of motivation, proof of English language proficiency, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: To be eligible for admission, students will need to have completed a bachelor’s degree, graduate diploma/certificate or equivalent at an institution approved by the University of Sydney Business School and at a standard acceptable to the University of Sydney Business School (minimum credit grade average is 65%).
- Language Requirement: international students required to have an English proficiency of IELTS 7.0 or equivalent. Depending on your country of origin and educational background, the English language proficiency may vary please check here.
The University of Sydney Business School will provide an award amount in the manner:
- The sponsorship will provide a stipend allowance of $35,000 per annum (fixed rate) for three and a half years, subject to satisfactory academic performance. An extension of six months may be granted upon approval from the Head of Discipline.
- The sponsorship will provide the academic course fee for 14 research periods for a PhD student, subject to satisfactory academic performance. An extension of two research periods may be granted upon approval from the Head of Discipline.
Note: Domestic students who receive the support will receive the benefit (a) only, as academic course fees are provided through the RTP Tuition Fee Offset. International students who receive the support will receive both benefits.