If you are interested in sustainable chemistry and want to pursue further education and research in the field, you must check out the International PhD Positionsin Bioplasticizers and biopolymers from agricultural waste offered by the Queensland University of Technology. The university is accepting applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
This application can be made by all Australian, New Zealander, and foreign national students who wish to undertake PhD studies in the field of Engineering, Science, technology, and engineering, and mathematics at QUT. The scholarship will be awarded based on academic qualification, skills, and experience and will consist of an annual stipend worth $34,938, industry placement and more.
Nice offer for international students in Australia
User Review( votes)
The Queensland University of Technology is a public research university located in the urban coastal city of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, ranking 171st in Best Global Universities, where students can choose from more than 100 real-world courses and turn their passion into a rewarding career.
Why choose to study at the Queensland University of Technology? The QUT is transforming research, education and innovation in science, technology, engineering and maths and aims to tackle global challenges and achieve sustainability through its research, teaching programs, campus operations and partnerships.
Application Deadline: The application pathway is open.
- University or Organization: Queensland University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $34,938
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian nationals and overseas students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in the field of Engineering, Science, technology and engineering, and mathematics can be applied for at the Queensland University of Technology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have skills or experience in organic/polymer chemistry, biobased materials, materials characterisation, and biomass valorisation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must log in to the online application platform of the university to submit their admission application. For a application, interested students must share their academic and research background with Dr. Lisa Pope via mail at [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students must prepare an expression of interest, a motivation letter, and a CV.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have first-class honours (H1) or equivalent and must meet the PhD entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- PTE Academic – 58
- IELTS Academic – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- CAE – 176
- CPE – C1
The students selected as winners of this application by the Queensland University of Technology can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Stipend $34,938 per annum for a maximum duration of 4 years
- A possible top-up scholarship
- 12-month industry placement
- An international student will also receive a tuition fee sponsorship for their research degree.
- As Centre student, they will receive mentoring from academic and industry leaders, access internal funding opportunities, and gain real-world experience.