The Catholic University of Milan is now accepting applications for Ph.D. Scholarships in Criminology. These will be awarded to international graduates for pursuing their career in academia, research, law enforcement, international organizations, industry, or consulting.
The vision of the International Ph.D. Programme in Criminology is to become the program of choice for highly qualified students seeking an advanced research degree in Criminology.
Exceptional International Ph.D. Scholarships in Criminology.
User Review( votes)
CUM offers a wide range of programs at internationally renowned universities. The University is organized into 12 faculties and 7 postgraduate schools.
Why at The Catholic University of Milan- The university, known as UCSC or UNICATT or simply Cattolica, is an Italian private research university. Cattolica is the largest private university in Europe and the largest Catholic University in the world.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- It is possible to participate in an informal pre-application process at any moment of the year by sending an email to the Coordinator of the Ph.D. (Prof. Francesco Calderoni, [email protected]) or to Transcrime’s Secretariat ([email protected]) and attaching an English CV. Afterward, the candidate may be invited to submit a research proposal in English and to participate in a phone or Skype interview to discuss the proposal.
- This is offered for pursuing a Ph.D. program.
- The International Ph.D. in Criminology is a multidisciplinary program that integrates various fields of criminology, criminal justice, and crime prevention.
- The call for applications is published every year (in general at the end of July) and is available in English at the webpage of the Ph.D. Office
- Candidates should have professional knowledge in (Scientific) English language.
- International Ph.D. students can apply for these positions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application and the documents requested in the call for applications must be sent in pdf format to transcrime-at-unicatt.it, within the deadline indicated in the call for applications. Each candidate must send a research proposal in English for his/her Ph.D. thesis. The proposal should be divided into the following sections a review of the state-of-the-art; research problem and questions; objectives and methodology; expected results and possible limitations. Contact Person: Prof. Francesco Calderoni is [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the curriculum vitae and other titles, research proposal, phone or video.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicant must have excellent proficiency in oral and written English. All the activities of the Ph.D. are in English. This includes lectures, seminars, the Ph.D. thesis, and the final defense.
- The annual amount of each award is €13,600.
- The admitted candidates residing abroad and those who hold a Master Degree from a foreign University may be refunded up to € 5,000 for documented travel and lodging expenses incurred during the 1st year of Ph.D. due to their moving to Milan.
- Since the beginning of the 2nd year, Transcrime will increase the monthly award for Ph.D. candidates up to € 1,300 net. Should the candidate undertake a study period abroad, the program may be increased by a minimum of 50%.
Application Deadline: Closed