Applications are invited from graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enroll full time for a Doctorate (Ph.D.) at Victoria University or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University.
To encourage postgraduate research Victoria offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies. These opportunities are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline.
A valuable opportunity for New Zealand and international students.
User Review( votes)
Victoria University is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence.
Why at Victoria University? The University is committed to civil society and global citizenship, contributing to the resolution of international challenges and preparing critically informed, globally confident, civic-minded graduates.
University or Organization: Victoria University
Course Level: Postgraduate research
Award: $23,500 stipend annually + tuition fees
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: New Zealand and international Students
The program can be taken in New Zealand
Application Deadline: 1 November ( Three rounds each year closing 1 March, 1 July and 1 November )
- New Zealand and international students can apply for Victoria Doctoral Scholarships.
- The The studentships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enroll full time for a Doctorate (Ph.D.) at Victoria University or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University.
How to Apply
How to apply: Victoria uses an online application for both admission as a doctoral student and to apply for a Victoria doctoral scholarship. This application (Community force) allows you to complete all required documentation including referee requests via a dashboard. The dashboard must be 100% complete (showing all green) before you can submit your application. Before you begin your application, make sure you understand the requirements for admission.
- a 2000-word sample of your academic writing in English
- certified copies of your academic transcript/s and degree certificates
- a certified copy of your Diploma Supplement (applicants from EU countries only).
International students must provide:
- evidence of English language proficiency
- translations of official documents (certified by an accredited translator).
Upload all required documentation to the online application
Check that you have:
- Selected your academic referees and sent them the request
- Completed all required sections in the online application
- Provided your academic writing sample
- Provided your transcript(s)/degree certificates
- Provided a copy of your Diploma Supplement, if required
- Language Requirements: Victoria’s English language proficiency are strict and not negotiable. If the student’s first language is not English, they must provide evidence of English proficiency before they will be accepted as a Ph.D. candidate. Requirements are:
- TOEFL 575 with (preferably) a TWE of 5, or 237 on the computer-based test; or 90 on the Internet-based test with a minimum of 20 in writing; or
- IELTS overall band of 6.5, no sub-score below 6; or
- CAE grade B; or
- A minimum of two ratings of 5 and two ratings of 4 in the Victoria University English proficiency program test.