In the context of a research infrastructure project, a scholarship is offered for a PhD student in the LT3 Language and Translation Technology Team at the Ghent University Department of Translation, Interpreting and Communication.
The successful applicant will participate in a multidisciplinary research collaboration between UGent and UHasselt (Expertise Centre for Digital Media).
User Review( votes)
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
- Applications Deadline: January 07, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: SThe successful applicant will participate in a multidisciplinary research collaboration between UGent and UHasselt (Expertise Centre for Digital Media).
- Nationality: Scholarship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- • Master’s degree in a relevant field ((Computational) Linguistics, or Computer Science)
- • Strong interest in language and speech technology
- • Interested in research and having the intention to obtain a PhD degree
- • Fluent in English and Spanish
- • Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- • Eager to acquire new competencies and knowledge
- • Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Java) •
- The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team, and will be guided by advisors with a computer science/computational linguistics background (UGent-UHasselt) and with a background in dialectology/linguistics (UGent).
How to Apply: The application in English should include
- A motivation letter, summarizing the candidate’s background and capabilities, and describing his/her motivation for this position
- Attested copies of education certificates, and a list of master courses with the grades obtained
- An extensive CV • contact information (e-mail) of potential referees
- Applications are to be sent by e-mail to Prof. Dr Veronique Hoste ([email protected]) and Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita ([email protected]). Application deadline: January 7th, 2019.
- Contact persons for more information:
- For general information about the Hercules project: Prof. Dr Miriam Bouzouita (Principal Investigator): [email protected];
- For specifications about this post: Prof. Dr Veronique Hoste ([email protected])