The University of Skövde is inviting applicants to apply for the International PhD Student Position in Informatics with a focus on Simulation-based Optimization and Decision Support for the academic year 2023-2024.
International and domestic students who possess good knowledge and research experience in simulation and optimization and artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms with an advanced degree in industrial engineering/management/analytics or similar are eligible to be considered for this PhD position. The selected candidates will be provided full-time employment with a salary for a period of 5 years.
Fantastic opportunity for all students at the University of Skövde in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
The University of Skövde, established in 1983, is a state university in Skövde, Sweden. The university is now an academic institution with general and specialized educational programmes in topics like Business, Health, Biomedicine, and Computer game design, which are globally recognised.
Why choose to study at the University of Skövde? The University of Skövdeaims for excellence in education and research within a warm and welcoming atmosphere. This modern and welcoming university provides first-class education and internationally competitive research. The university harbours internationally competitive research students.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on 27th February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Skövde
- Department: School of Engineering Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Employment
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home and International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All country students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in Informatics with a focus on Simulation-based Optimization and Decision Support at the University of Skövde can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have knowledge and practical experience in programming in C++ and Python.
- The applicants must have conducted research and/or have industrial experience in artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms and simulation and optimization.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates who want to apply for this position must log in here. All applicants who meet the criteria will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Statement in English describing motivation, research interests and expectations from the doctoral program
- Certificates/grades and other qualifications that you as an applicant, want to invoke
- Master’s thesis work
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have earned a degree at the advanced level, or completed at least 240 higher education credits (ECTS), at least 60 credits in industrial engineering/management/analytics, production/automation engineering, computer science, or information technology, or other relevant subject areas.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- PTE – 62
The University of Skövde will provide the successfully selected candidates full-time fixed-term employment for a maximum of 5 years.